THE FOUNDATION OF OUR FAITH
What we believe
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are our only authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that God is all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere present.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. He was crucified, dead and buried, and on the third day was bodily resurrected.
4. We believe that man was created in innocence, but fell through the sin of Adam, and is now totally unable to remedy his lost condition. We believe in the personality of Satan, who caused our first parents (Adam and Eve) to fall in sin, and who continues to be the deceiver of this world.
5. We believe that we are saved "by grace," the "free gift" of God, through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. Salvation is the gift of God, not accomplished in whole or in any part by man's work.
6. We believe that salvation, once received, can never be lost. We believe all those who pass from this present life, without accepting Christ, will suffer eternal punishment.
7. We believe that Christ instituted the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper to be observed until He comes.
8. We believe it is the responsibility of the born again believer to bring glory to God, through Jesus Christ, by obedience to His written word. We believe that through this obedience the believer will witness to God's saving grace and thereby seek to win others to Christ.
9. We believe in the literal, physical ascension of Jesus Christ into Heaven and of His pretribulation return to take His own, and His premillennial return with His own to set up His Kingdom on earth. Thereafter these heavens and earth shall pass away and there shall be a new heaven and a new earth wherein the righteous shall dwell eternally with Christ.